Re: Sitefinder II, the sequel...

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jul 13 12:08:31 2006

On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> > just as your
> > teacher would by allowing you to mis-spell words instead of
> > learning the
> > correct way....
>
> I think that's going a bit far.
>
> By that token, we should lobby Microsoft to take spel chickers out of
> MS Word.

we should absolutely lobby MS to remove that functionality, in all their
products.

I think the bigger issue is retooling folks to understand that just
dropping any-old thing into a 'location' bar is just not useful some large
percentage of the time. Using the other online tools available though is:
use google, msnsearch, yahoo, blah-search-engine-de-jour.  Just putting in
'fobartools.com' is likely to not get you the content you desire.