Re: www.gigablast.com

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Wed Jul 12 18:25:07 2006

It appears that some of the queries are valid for an older site that existed in the past. That site was a wiki and some of the Giga hits are for internationalized versions of the default help/support pages. This is fine and acceptable behavior by them (IMHO). The fact that they are querying something that no longer exist is something I can deal with. The strangeness is that some of their crawling is looking for URLs with multiple exclamation points, those URLs never existed. This may be indicative of a character translation on my system or theirs. BUT, the net net is that I no longer feel a need to be concerned about them.

Thanks all,

-Jim P.

Jim Popovitch wrote:

Feel free to clue me in on this please... ;-)

What is www.gigablast.com? And why is it constantly performing "questionable" queries (mostly http) across every IP that I have access to check.

I get a could of thousand hits (mostly questionable non-existing URL requests) from that ip (66.154.103.75). Anyone else seeing/questioning this?

Completewhois shows some listings in some RBLs, but not the more popular ones.

-Jim P.