Re: www.gigablast.com

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Wed Jul 12 17:51:57 2006

:-) Let me add something before everyone on NANOG reminds me that gigablast is a search engine..... I know what they do, but what I don't understand is why are they searching my systems for URLs that haven't ever existed there before. It's as though they are doing random word searches in hopes of striking lucky. They are "crawling" for URLs like this: (unfortunately most people won't see these because their spam blockers will block all the exclamation points)

/Hj!!lpMall
/BuscaP!!gina
/!!!!!!-!!!!!!
/P!!ginasAbandonadas
/HilfeIndex
/CategoryCategory
/Aktuelle!!nderungen
/EfterladteSider
/SystemPagesInDanishGroup
/!!rvaLapok
/ForSide
/!!!!!!!!!!!!
/!!!!!!-!!!
/StartSeite
/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/Hj!!lpTilHenvisninger
/!!!!!!-!!!!!!!!!!!!
/ExplorerCeWiki
/Xslt!!!!!!!!!!!!
/P!!ginaInicial
/SenesteRettelser
/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
/Pr!!f!!rencesUtilisateur
/WikiHomePage
/HilfeZuParsern
/AiutoModello
/GewenstePaginas
/HilfeZu!!berschriften

-Jim P.

Jim Popovitch wrote:

Feel free to clue me in on this please... ;-)

What is www.gigablast.com? And why is it constantly performing "questionable" queries (mostly http) across every IP that I have access to check.

I get a could of thousand hits (mostly questionable non-existing URL requests) from that ip (66.154.103.75). Anyone else seeing/questioning this?

Completewhois shows some listings in some RBLs, but not the more popular ones.

-Jim P.