Re: Sitefinder II, the sequel...

  • From: David Ulevitch
  • Date: Wed Jul 12 13:37:54 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 12:30 AM, Simon Waters wrote:

On Tuesday 11 Jul 2006 20:22, Daniel Golding wrote:

I'm at a loss to explain why people are trying so hard to condemn something like this.

Experience?

People have never created a platform to manage recursive DNS, so it's surprising you have experience here. I don't think we've ever talked either, though I'd be happy to and learn more about what you think and how it compares to other things you've used.

Have you seen this: http://www.opendns.com/prefs/

People that make a comparison to Site Finder still are showing a substantive lack of clue, at this point it should be clear that such a comparison is inappropriate. That said, I'm still working on messaging -- going from someone who talks about DNS to someone who talks about DNS and gets some press about it is new to me. Cool, but new. ;-)

Best,
David Ulevitch