Re: Sitefinder II, the sequel...

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Tue Jul 11 08:50:30 2006

Having seen a lot cons and little pros,

here is my scenario:

I am running my own root, a copy of the Cesidan Root
plus some TLDs of my own liking, some shared with
"friends" who dont want to risk cache poisoning.

I am runnings both djbdns (dnscache with tinydns and axfrdns as root)
and Bind 9.4.0.a6

I have seen that my own nameservers are always faster than my ISP's.

I like the idea of catching the phishermen before they can catch me,
although I am not running Phishermans friend (windows eXPerimental).

I have seen with my own eyes on a windowssystem OpenDNS is a MUST.
Even if I dont click on install or execute...
and I do not trust open MACs too very much either.

I do not neccessarily improove speed when using OpenDNS and I am
not shure wether I want OpenDNS decide between typos and alt. TLDs.

But I still want to catch the phishermen.
Does it make sense for me and the mine?

Kind regards
Peter and Karin

--