Re: Net Neutrality Legislative Proposal

  • From: Florian Weimer
  • Date: Tue Jul 11 03:18:15 2006

* Seth Johnson:

>          (A) Internet.â The term âInternetâ means the worldwide,
>              publicly accessible system of interconnected
>              computer networks that transmit data by packet
>              switching using the standard Internet Protocol (IP),
>              some characteristics of which include:

So I put all my customers behind a NAT device (or just a stateful
packet filter).  They are no longer publicly accessible, and hence not
subject to the provisions of this section.  Fixing that would probably
require companies to open up their corporate networks, which is a
non-starter.

(I've wondered for quite some time if "net neutrality" implies that
Ebay or Google must carry third party traffic on their corporate
networks, by the way.)