RE: Best practices inquiry: filtering 128/1

  • From: WONG, Yuen-Fung
  • Date: Tue Jul 11 02:20:17 2006

> Would anyone not filter those routes?  Why wouldn't you filter to /7?
>
> Actually, I take that back.  Why wouldn't you just get a feed from
> Cymru <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html> ??

We had some hesitation on putting in a 1/ le /7 filter as these are not mentioned in any document / recommendation that they are invalid / bogus routes...  nor in the Cymru.

Anyway, just spotted this in Cymru [Ingress Prefix Filter Templates, Loose and Strict (Cisco)] but it was not included / mentioned in their fltr-bogons:

! Block Prefixes less than /5.
!
ip prefix-list ISP-Ingress-In-Loose seq 50 deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 5
!
! Block /6 and /7 prefixes - We have this in as a marker to see if any of the
! large networks pull together any /8s into smaller blocks. Watch this hit
! counters with "show ip prefix". Tuned per Adriana Vascan <[email protected]>
! suggestion.
!
ip prefix-list ISP-Ingress-In-Loose seq 55 deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 6
ip prefix-list ISP-Ingress-In-Loose seq 60 deny 0.0.0.0/0 le 7
!

-yf