Re: Best practices inquiry: filtering 128/1

  • From: Jerry Pasker
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 22:57:45 2006

Actually, I take that back. Why wouldn't you just get a feed from Cymru <http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/index.html> ??

Because you fear that their routers that distribute the feed could become own3d and used to cause a massive DoS by filtering out some networks?

You asked. And I use their route feed. :-)

I figure it a problem occurs, 1)I won't be the only one that has that problem 2)I'll hear about it on NANOG.

I figure the minute risk is worth the convenience....the chances of their routers getting 0wn3d are probably about the same as my routers getting 0wn3d. The chances of it happening aren't zero, but probably pretty small. Enough so that it sure beats editing the BOGON list manually!

-Jerry