Re: Sitefinder II, the sequel...

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Mon Jul 10 21:30:15 2006

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006, Gerry Boudreaux wrote:

> It is not VeriSign this time.
>
> For those who have not yet seen this:
>
> http://www.opendns.com/
>
> They will 'correct' your spelling mistakes for you.

hurrah :( cause obviously everything in the world using dns is a browser?
:( As a note, some other folks do this as well:

www.paxfire.com
nominum perhaps as well?

:( Seems really, really dumb to me, since everything is NOT (surprised?) a
web browser :( I wonder what happens when it tries to correct my enum
dns requests? Be cautious that some largish provider's dns cache's might
be doing this as well 'soon' despite engineering folks saying 'gosh that
seems like a very poor plan...' :(

'fun'!