CFP: DA Workshop - ISOI

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Sat Jul 08 10:38:17 2006

This is a call for papers for a DA Workshop (ISOTF/TISF DA). Its name is:
Internet Security Operations and Intelligence Workshop or ISOI for short.

DA stands for Drone Armies (botnets), which is the main subject of this
workshop.

I apologize for those who get this message multiple times.

Introduction
------------
This workshop is for the purpose of bringing together members of the DA
and MWP operational communities and share information, as well as plan our
future operations.

It is open to other operational communities as specified below.

Among the attendees are:
Professionals from ISPs, Anti Viruses, Anti Spam, CERTs, Law Enfrocement,
Academia, etc. coming together to work on the most recent technology,
intelligence and operations being done online today for the security of
the Internet.

This ISOI DA Workshop is being hosted by Cisco Systems, Inc., whom we
would like to thank at this time.

CFP
---
The call for papers is open to the public. The main subject of interest is
botnets. Secondary subjects are Denial of Service attacks and phishing.
Submission is simple, email me directly with your topic and some data to
back it up by July 23rd.

Scope:
------
This year's workshop will be mainly on the subject of botnets. Secondary
subjects include Denial of Service attacks and phishing.

This workshop will provide with the usual benefits such as lectures and
networking, but mostly we will discuss the latest occurrences, technology
and intelligence and our future plans, as well as coordination and
information sharing between other operational and research communities.

Cooperation with law enforcement will also be covered.

Details:
--------