Re: NANOG Spam?

  • From: Dominic J. Eidson
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 11:19:35 2006

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Sabri Berisha wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 05:20:04PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Finally, we crawled the archives of the big lists and have come
> > up with a list of subscribers who haven't posted in over 9 months, we
> > plan to set the mod bit on them too very soon.
>
> So people who are 'real' but lurk a loti should reply to this message so
> they don't get moderated :)

The question would be - if you're hit by the moderation bit, and post a
message that makes it past whatever moderator's criteria.. Do you then
lose the moderation bit, since you how have posted within the last 9
months, and thusly have (unmoderated) access?

Or maybe this is just an exercise in let's-fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants...

 - d.

--
Dominic J. Eidson
                                        "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli