Re: NANOG Spam?

  • From: Etaoin Shrdlu
  • Date: Thu Jul 06 09:36:16 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:

William Allen Simpson wrote:

The spammers have figured out how to bypass the NANOG members-only posting, in this case by pretending to be John Fraizer and sending directly to trapdoor.

On our public list servers we now require admin approval of all new subscriptions as well as email verification....Perhaps these are some
ideas for the NANOG mailinglist admins to implement.

Or not. I expect that we've seen only the tip of the iceberg on people
who will now post one "I'm here, please don't moderate me" post. NANOG
has how many readers? For those who may have misread Jim's post, he was talking about *another* mailing list, not this one, on the moderation method mentioned. No sign that this is in effect on nanog.

--
No matter how much you want to try and spin it,
MySpace is the Paris Hilton of the internet.

(http://www.digg.com/users/ArcaneDevice)