Re: IP Delegations for Forum Spammers and Invalid Whois info

  • From: Simon Waters
  • Date: Wed Jul 05 05:56:39 2006

On Monday 03 Jul 2006 16:26, Phil Rosenthal wrote:

> We are very much anti-spam and I will look into Mark's issue - I'm
> looking  through the tickets for [email protected] and there is no email sent in
> from [email protected] ...

I suspect he tried [email protected] which seems to be in rfc-ignorant.

Looks like the server;

195.225.177.31

Has been spewing guest book spam (and wiki spam) out, as a quick google of
"195.225.177.31 nice site" will show hundreds of links, although quite a lot
of it just looks bizarre, and Dshield shows 80,000 odd reports port 80 probes
in the last month from this address.

We've just cleaned up a lot of address book spam promoted sites, so I know it
is relentless and tedious thing to squash.