Re: DNS Based Load Balancers

  • From: Rodrick Brown
  • Date: Tue Jul 04 10:54:15 2006

On 7/4/06, Sam Stickland <[email protected]> wrote:

Matt,

A few quick questions for you, if you got the time to answer it would be
appreciated (questions inline):

We work with a couple of different technologies here - our own GSS's, cache
farms and also external CDNs (for overflow). This is currently and area that
is currently under evaluation for a quite significant expansion.

Are you able to give some kind of description as to the problems you
experienced whilst using your own appliances? It would be very useful to be
able to avoid making the same mistakes.

Sam

As someone who has also deployed GSLB's with hardware applicances I would also like to know real world problems and issues people are running into "today" on modern GSLB implementations and not theoretical ones, as far as I can tell our GSLB deployment was very straight forward and works flawlessly.

--
Rodrick R. Brown