Re: DNS Based Load Balancers

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Tue Jul 04 02:21:57 2006

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

Would you mind giving us a little more to go on than "the love of god" before making strategic architectural decisions?

Just in case we like to decide things for ourselves. :)

Patrick, I am sorry if I have hit a nerve with you- it seems you've got a vested interest in the answer to this question, and I appreciate your position.

For instance, was F5's implementation flawed, or do you have a reason to dislike the basic idea? And why?

For the record, what I _should_ have advised the OP was "for the love of god, don't try to do this yourself with an appliance." I wholeheartedly encourage him to give his local Akamai sales rep a call. I am sorry for the confusion and angst my brevity has caused.

cheers,
matto

[email protected]<darwin><
  Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
                                                - Marshall McLuhan