Re: IP failover/migration question.

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Tue Jun 27 12:35:23 2006

On Jun 27, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

Could you imagine slashdot, amazon or google going down for 24 hours?
I think there would be panic in the streets.
piffle

there would certainly be panic inside of those organizations trying
to fix things.  but most people have real lives.
Inside those organizations. Inside their transit providers. Inside the call centers of the big eyeball networks. Etc. It would be a Big Deal on the 'Net.

Of course, the Internet is not "real life", but neither is just about any other business. That doesn't mean they aren't important. Although I do admit "panic in the streets" is hyperbole - but I recognized it as hyperbole. (Not that YOU have ever used hyperbole in your posts, Randy. :-)

--
TTFN,
patrick