Re: Multihomed to 2 ISPs - Load Balance?

  • From: Glen Kent
  • Date: Mon Jun 26 13:52:51 2006

I'd be interested in the technical implementation as well...
I vaguely remember Joel presenting a proposal in the Iast IETF which
talked about being able to do more or less the same.

A bit of googling gives me the drafts that were presented:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-bgp-multiple-next-hops-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bhatia-ecmp-routes-in-bgp-02.txt

The first lets a BGP peer advertise multiple paths for a prefix to its
peers and the second, built upon the first, proposes extensions to BGP
for advertising ECMP BGP routes.

These are still individual submissions, so i dont think there gonna be
any implementations out there in the wild!

Glen

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0