RE: key change for TCP-MD5

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Fri Jun 23 18:45:10 2006

Why couldn't the network device do an AH check in hardware before passing
the
packet to the receive path?  If you can get to a point where all connections
or traffic TO the router should be AH, then, that will help with DOS.

If you can limit what devices _SHOULD_ talk to the router and at least
define
some subset of that from which you demand AH on every packet, that helps but
isn't a complete solution.

Owen

--On June 23, 2006 11:49:33 AM -0700 "Barry Greene (bgreene)"