Re: key change for TCP-MD5

  • From: Warren Kumari
  • Date: Tue Jun 20 20:27:58 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 4:29 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

We already collectively wasted our time deploying MD5 passwords over a big
scare that turned out to be nothing more than someone cracking open the
manual and rediscovering how stuff worked all along
Bwahahahhahaha.

I work with that "someone" --- he (and the rest of his group) are wildly proud of this "l33t discovery"

. Why don't we spend
our time going forward solving actual issues like filtering/ announcement
authentication, and stop trying to solve the non-existant problems.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <[email protected]> http://www.e- gerbil.net/ras

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
-- J.R.R. Tolkien