RE: WSJ: Big tech firms seeking power

  • From: John van Oppen
  • Date: Sun Jun 18 03:41:39 2006

I can tell you that my home residential rate is just under 6 cents (after taxes) in eastern Washington and that you are in the ballpark with your large commercial customer numbers (irrigators get 2.5 cent rates).    We work with another PUD in the area on data center type apps and find the pricing to be amazing when compared to other areas.   There is also access to large amounts of water (for evaporative cooling as an example) in a lot of areas due to the ability to transfer water rights from agriculture to commercial use.

If anybody really wants more info, email privately.

John :)

John van Oppen
PocketiNet Communications
Technical Operations