Re: Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

  • From: Bill Nash
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 19:42:20 2006

And let me tell you.. inheriting a network like that, knowing a better way to do it, will make you want to put a gun in your mouth. Two /19's worth of address space in VLAN1 (not just in one vlan, but in vlan *1*. Cisco nerds are slapping foreheads or spitting Coke right now.)

Trying to migrate customers to their own vlan when they've been alloted IPs, willy nilly, across one of the bajillion /24's secondaried on the vlan interface drives me into an entire new dimension of pissed off.

Don't even get me started on allocation and traffic accounting.

- billn