Re: Interesting new spam technique - getting a lot more popular.

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Wed Jun 14 00:24:18 2006

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> That was not my advice btw - just forwarding on what I saw.

oh,. apologies, i did cut the message down quite a bit :( I understood you
were quoting from the spamdiaries website, I apologize to the other
listeners (readers?) if it confused the issue.

> What you say does seem like a "must do" all right - but putting ARP
> filters in is actually a reasonable idea.

Atleast it'd trim down the 'problem' to the single customer subnet, I
assume that dedicated hosting folks don't just drop machines behind a
switch on one big flat subnet? That's probably a naive assumption though
:(  Perhaps this is clue #12 that that is a 'less than good' option? :)