OT!!! Re: wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

  • From: Joseph S D Yao
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 19:28:00 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 03:21:23PM -0700, Gregory Hicks wrote:
> > From: Randy Bush <[email protected]>
> > Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:16:50 -0700
> > To: Paul Vixie <[email protected]>
> > Cc: [email protected]
> > Subject: Re: wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday
> >
> > > therefore registrars (like alice's... remember alice? this is a song about
> > > alice) ...
> > ( first, i suspect much of the confusion could come from your
> > thinking that the place up on skyline is *the* alice's restaurant.
> > it isn't.  the real one was in stockbridge, mass, and rather
> > short-lived.  so you can see why one might wonder about isc's
> > validation methods.  :-)
>
> Actually, Paul might have been talking about Alice, Bob, and Mike.

While Vixie segued into one of our old fav'rite songs from back when, he
was actually originally talking about <http://www.ar.com/>.  Look at the
context.  [And if Rick Wesson wasn't thinking about that song when he
named the registry, and about twenty-seven eight-by-ten colour glossy
pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each
one, and a judge with a seeing-eye dog (blind justice), and the American
draft, and getting injected, inspected, detected, infected, neglected,
and selected, and ending the war by a movement of singers of Arlo
Guthrie's song ... well then, I'll tell you, I don't know  W H A T  he
was thinking.  ;-)]

--
Joe Yao