Re: wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

  • From: Rick Wesson
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 17:09:40 2006

... and alice has been working on deploying the .org DNSSEC testbed for 6 months now. Thus far my experence with deploying DNSSEC is: its just hard, not fun and for a lack of a better word... it SUCKS.

In the last 6months since we deployed it, not one sole has clicked on the [now broken] _SECURE DOMAIN_ link to enable .ORG dnssec capabilities.

I know we are a tiny registrar but none of our clients thought it important enough to even try clicking on the _SECURE DOMAIN_ link. So, even DLV is going to take a tremendous marketing effort to get folks to differentiate it from LOCK_DOMAIN which merely prevents the domain from being updated or transfered.

DLV is a huge task so be supportive because it will probably fail just like DNSSEC is ...but we might just learn something.

-rick

Paul Vixie wrote:
can you say "does not scale?"
Indeed.
this is why we're trying to sign up some registrars, starting with alice's,
who can send us blocks of keys based on their pre-existing trust
relationships.