Re: wrt joao damas' DLV talk on wednesday

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 14:45:57 2006

On 13-Jun-2006, at 14:37, Randy Bush wrote:

I don't profess to speak for ISC here, but it may be worth noting
that ISC staff continue to spend a lot of time travelling to operator
meetings, workshops, root server installations and RIR and ICANN
meetings. Outreach and community participation is one of the core
things that ISC does.

It's not unreasonable to think that for a lot of zone operators
(ccTLD or otherwise), the mountain will eventually come to Mohammed,
and travel by the zone operator won't be necessary.
can you say "does not scale?"
Indeed.

With the current trust policy, it seems to me that DLV is a bootstrap mechanism intended to promote bottom-up pressure for DNSSEC deployment, and to give people a chance to get to grips with things like key rollover and zone signing.

It's a frog dressed up as a chicken which is being rolled out because people are fed up waiting for an egg.

In that context, perhaps it doesn't need to scale very far.

Joe