Re: Tracing network procedure for stolen computers

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Tue Jun 13 05:31:40 2006

> Earlier this month my daughters Ibook was stolen, oh well that is life I
> guess.
> Anyway updated mail server software for full debug and IP log since
noticed
> that mail account was accessed yesterday.

It's a UNIX machine. You own it. You know
the password. If you had only set up an
SSH server on it, you would now be able to
log in and collect additional information
about the current user.

Interesting things can happen when intelligent
devices find themselves stolen...
http://www.evanwashere.com/StolenSidekick/

--Michael Dillon