Extreme Networks BD 6808 errors -- help to interpret.

  • From: Mattias Ahnberg
  • Date: Fri Jun 09 17:13:54 2006

I've recently stumbled over an error in the logs of one of my Black Diamond
6808's. Due to redundant MSMs this hasn't had any practical effect yet, but
I have just initiated a ticket on the matter.

Parallell to that I thought I'd take the oportunity to ask if anyone here
has any more insight on what this means, what is happening and possibly
what could cause it. Is it simply a matter of a broken MSM, or what could
trigger something like this?

Replies onlist or offlist appreciated, whatever you prefer.

Thank you in advance,

SYST: The signature of NMC0 is disappered. Reset the NMC10
SYST: Removed MSM-B base module
SYST: slave MSM communications pipe is closed
SYST: MSM-B is inserted.
SYST: Start initializing MSM-B base module
SYST: MSM-B SN = 701021-17 0235F-70778
SYST: slave MSM communications pipe is open
SYST: Done initializing MSM-B base module
SYST: MSM-B HW_AN=0 SW_AN=0 DECODE=0 INTSTAT=0 ANRCVCFG=0 CTRL=10000000
SYST: slot 3 HW_AN=a1 SW_AN=13 DECODE=1b INTSTAT=bf8 ANRCVCFG=41a0 CTRL=ff3ffc00
SYST: MSM-B=[701021-17 0235F-70778 ]
SYST: slot 3=[701026-15 0315F-80358 ]
SYST: backplane=[701000-08 0230h00123 ]
SYST: [2] Connection between MSM-B mother board port 2 and I/O module 3 port 1 broke, fix immediately
SYST: MSM-B HW_AN=0 SW_AN=0 DECODE=0 INTSTAT=0 ANRCVCFG=0 CTRL=10000000
SYST: slot 4 HW_AN=a1 SW_AN=13 DECODE=84 INTSTAT=bf8 ANRCVCFG=41a0 CTRL=ff3ffc00
SYST: MSM-B=[701021-17 0235F-70778 ]
SYST: slot 4=[701024-21 0238F-70372 ]
SYST: backplane=[701000-08 0230h00123 ]
SYST: [2] Connection between MSM-B mother board port 3 and I/O module 4 port 1 broke, fix immediately
SYST: MSM-B HW_AN=0 SW_AN=0 DECODE=0 INTSTAT=0 ANRCVCFG=0 CTRL=10000000
SYST: slot 6 HW_AN=a1 SW_AN=13 DECODE=1b INTSTAT=bf8 ANRCVCFG=41a0 CTRL=ff3ffc00
SYST: MSM-B=[701021-17 0235F-70778 ]
SYST: slot 6=[701026-15 0315F-80383 ]
SYST: backplane=[701000-08 0230h00123 ]
SYST: [2] Connection between MSM-B mother board port 5 and I/O module 6 port 1 broke, fix immediately
KERN: Secondary Mgmt port initialized
KERN: Secondary Mgmt port enabled

--
/mattias ahnberg (AS20514).