Re: a fun hijack: 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 4/8, 5/8, 7/8, 8/8, 12/8 briefly announced by AS 23520 (today)

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu Jun 08 00:20:57 2006

At 01:58 PM 07-06-06 -0500, Gadi Evron wrote:
On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Hank Nussbacher wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Josh Karlin wrote:
>
> I don't expect better from NW Network Cable, but I definitely expect
> better from Sprint (their upstream).  But this hasn't been the first and
> most unfortunately, not the last, cuz, almost no one gives a f*ck
> anymore.

Well, when all we do about a situation is b*tch about it, waste time
running after other people's tails, and repeat the same process all over
again - we can't really expect for anything to change.
I have seen hijacks of 192.0.0.0/2 and 128.0.0.0/1 recently and no one seems to care much - no matter how many emails I may send out. 5% usually answer with "who made you the net-police?" I'll continue to send directed emails to those that have "configuration errors" in the hope that some (and some do) really do care.

-Hank