Re: Black Frog - the botnets keep coming

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Sat May 27 18:00:34 2006

Sorry, this is not acceptable, regardless of national boundaries.

And it will be fought against, regardless of where it originates,
or resides. Always.

I do not condone collateral damage strategies in this regard, but
suggesting that a "wild, wild west" Internet is something that will
be a contimuum -- it cannot be, and will not be.

As such, I also do not condone such activities as Blue/Black Frog
suggest, as it is completely contrary to established practices of
mitigation (and removal).

- ferg

p.s. Now if we could only get the registries onboard...

-- "Alexei Roudnev" <[email protected]> wrote:

Internet IS a wild west. You should live with it. It will never be _quet,
dead american's residential area, where dogs do not bark and kids do not
play themself on streets in age of 8 (normal dogs bark, and normal kids
often play themself when they are 8)_.

It is the whole WORLD, not one country.

So, we must live with it, and do not hope, that it will have numerous _speed
tickets_ and _police officers_ (as 90% of the people live every day, making
their own decisions and protecting themselves.

It is, in fact, a very effectiv way to stop spammers. But it definitely
became a dangerous DDOS service. So - learn how to live with it, it's the
only choice. (Make sure, that no single protocol or botnet can kill the
whole network or deplete all resources, for example).

[snip]

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]