Re: Are botnets relevant to NANOG?

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Fri May 26 22:10:36 2006

[top-posting]

Time differentials, time-limiting, proxies and NATs, dynamic addresses,
different malware, different OS, etc. are all things taken into acount. At
some point you just need to have a best guess..

When the situation was by far less horrible, the numbers still didn't
matter.

Wasn't it your countrymen who said why should you need to be able to
destroy the world a thousand times over when once is more than enough? I
think 3 times for redundancy sounds like fun.

The numbers are for years now not relevant. I often count active groups,
active attacks per time-frame, money made/lost and number of user ID's
compromised / sites targetted.

	Gadi.