Re: Fwd: 41/8 announcement

  • From: Bill Woodcock
  • Date: Fri May 26 10:13:30 2006

      On Fri, 26 May 2006, Mikisa Richard wrote:
    > Can't be sure what they did, but I received an e-mail asking me to check
    > on my connectivity to them and well, it worked.

Presumably they're double-natting.  I had to do that once for Y2K
compliance for three large governmental networks that were all statically
addressed in net-10 and wouldn't/couldn't renumber in time.  In fact,
there were _specific hosts_ which had the same IP address, and _had to
talk to each other_.  Gross.  But it can be done.

                                -Bill