Re: Black Frog - the botnets keep coming

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu May 25 21:44:14 2006

On Thu, 25 May 2006 [email protected] wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:17:56 CDT, Gadi Evron said:
>
> > I'm just happy there are communities such as NANOG out there, but when it
> > comes down to it, the Good online is based on good faith. The Bad is based
> > on cold Cash. Some lose as much as a million dollars a day on phishing, as
> > an example.
>
> Citation on the $1M/day, please? (I'm sure the *aggregate* take is well
> over that, but what *single entity* is seeing that magnitude losses?)

You can quote me.

Phishing in the US is by far lkess sophisticated than, for example, in
Europe. There the banks are a bit more sophisticated as well in defensive
tech.

I hate for this to be a quote by me, but Super Worms which steal credit
card, account data, login info. etc. for banks, credit card companies and
ecommerce sites online number at the millions a day. Including repeat
customers.

As to signle banks, forget my numbers for a second, I am willing to accept
yours for the sake of argument (we can argue digits over the phone). A
million in losses a day is enough.

	Gadi.