Re: Proxad? (Was: Drone Armies)

  • From: Rich Kulawiec
  • Date: Tue May 16 18:37:16 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 03:57:20PM -0600, Michael Loftis wrote:
> Now this is interesting to me, because proxad has been at least as big a
> pain in my side as far as drones and SPAM sources. [snip]
>
> Anyone else seeing the same amount of problems with these guys?

Yes.  My current list shows 5032 distinct hosts emitting spam from
within their network, and that's as measured from a very small test
server -- I would imagine that large production servers are seeing
a lot more.  This places them behind Comcast, Verizon and a couple
of others, but still solidly in the top ten.

Mitigation: I recommend rejecting all mail traffic from hosts whose
names match these patterns:

	*.adsl.proxad.net
	*.dial.proxad.net
	*.fbx.proxad.net