Re: AOL 421 errors

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Thu May 04 13:52:10 2006

Don't barrage them with bogus joejob bounce notifications?
IIRC that is a feature of your mail configuration down there.

matto

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Matthew Black wrote:

We've noticed a surge in 421 e-mail errors from AOL.

Message soft bounced for '###@aol.com', '4.3.2 - Not accepting messages at this time ('421', [': (DYN:T1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html', 'SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE']) []'

It seems as though they've tightened down their policies.
We're pretty good at preventing spam with our IronPort
anti-spam gateways and internal policies.

We've also subscribed to their FBL notification service.
I'm surprised at the types of messages AOL customers consider
as spam. Anything and everything: university admission acceptance
notices; instructor class assignments; photos from friends; etc.

matthew black
california state university, long beach

[email protected]<darwin><
  Moral indignation is a technique to endow the idiot with dignity.
                                                - Marshall McLuhan