Re: Strange network problem accessing Ebay and versiontracker websites

  • From: Robert Sherrard
  • Date: Wed May 03 17:36:42 2006

For what's it's worth you could use ping and the "don't fragment" switch to test MTU sizes.

Rob

Justin M. Streiner wrote:
On Wed, 3 May 2006, Shane Owens wrote:

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what routes to take to
troubleshoot this?  Logic tell me that is I have reach ability and one
browser work but another doesn't it's a software problem with either the
browser or the site, but being able to take the same machine to another
network and have it work points to a whole different problem.
Could this be a MTU issue?
It sounds like that is a possibility. Are the DSL users being served by PPPoE? Setting the IP MTU on your PPPoE access template, depending on whose gear you're using to provide the servide provider end of your DSL services, to 1492 may help.

jms