Re: Cogent network wide latency

  • From: Pete Templin
  • Date: Thu Apr 27 12:04:27 2006

[email protected] wrote:

*Cogent Network Status/DNS Server Status Description:
*Welcome to Cogent Communications’ Network Status Message. Today is Thursday April 27th 2006 10am EST.
At this time, Cogent is experiencing latency and routing issues on the Cogent backbone. The NOC is currently investigating. The Estimated Time to Repair is unknown at this time. Please reference HD412738.
Our B peer went down and our A peer became unreachable via our other connections around 0933 EDT, and restored around 1140 EDT. Their scheduled non-service-affecting maintenance from 0001 to 0700 CDT Sunday in Houston had gone awry, dropping our link for ~11 hours, so I initially assumed it was a related (Houston-specific) issue. Apparently not...

Did they de-peer themselves?

pt