Re: Larry the lobster

  • From: Patrick W. Gilmore
  • Date: Thu Apr 27 05:39:56 2006

On Apr 27, 2006, at 5:32 AM, Aaron Glenn wrote:

On 4/26/06, Sean Donelan <[email protected]> wrote:
I wonder if Ruth reads NANOG?

I knew that AT&T did this, but I never knew the name of the person
with the job before.
But who really knew Madonna tickets going on sale made up an
appreciable amount of voice traffic across the nation? I know I
didn't.
I don't think that was a given here. It's an appreciable amount of voice traffic on AT&T.

I'm guessing there is a lot of traffic that stays local to the LEC, wireless carrier, whatever, plus the traffic that goes inter-company but doesn't touch AT&T. I'm further guessing that the total traffic that doesn't touch AT&T is much larger than the traffic which does touch AT&T today.

But those are just guesses. Anyone know where you can find data on such things?

--
TTFN,
patrick