Re: data center space

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Apr 25 00:41:13 2006

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:43:47 EDT, Jim Popovitch said:
> all know what the next big threats are (nuclear and/or biological), is
> it worth the risk that the next (and there will be) event is small
> enough not to affect an area 65 miles across?

If I was a Manhattan based company, and an event took out everything within
65 miles of there, whether my backups are OK is suddenly going to be the *least*
of my concerns.

(Hint - what percent of your employees commute *less* than 65 miles to work,
and what disaster-recovery plans do you have for *them*?)