yet another irrtoolset replacement, 1.0

  • From: Marco d'Itri
  • Date: Mon Apr 24 06:57:38 2006

I released version 1.0 of my routers configuration generator.
It can generate the complete BGP configuration (neighbor statements,
route maps, prefix and as-path lists) of peering or customer-facing
routers using RPSL data, a local configuration file and a configuration
template based on the popular Template::Toolkit perl package.
Currently I only provide an IOS configuration template, but it should be
easy to write one for JUNOS (patches are welcome!).

I know that it's being used in production by several ISPs in the RIPE
and APNIC region, so if you are not satisfacted by irrtoolset I think
it's worth some consideration.

It can be downloaded from http://www.linux.it/~md/software/rpsltool-1.0.tgz
and is free software released under the terms of the GPL.

(I think that I advertised it enough, so future releases will be
announced on the project mailing list.)

Major changes since the last public release:

Modularized and cleaned up the code.
Added the routesdiff program (formerly part of my cisco-tools package),
to show which routes are actually not being accepted from a peer.
Added the testpeerfilter program, to test the effect of a filter on a
peer without actually loading it on the router.
Added the nagpeer program, to automatically generate reports of bugs in
the RPSL objects published by a peer.
Added the rpslexpand, to quickly perform RPSL expansion from the
command line.
Added the findextraobjs program, useful to identify obsolete entries in
peers configuration files.
Added documentation.

--
ciao,