Re: Google AdSense Crash

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Sun Apr 23 01:20:20 2006

At 11:36 PM -0400 04:22:2006, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 04:58:21PM -0400, Daniel Golding wrote:
> [...]

 Because this is the Internet's most profitable advertising service and ISP's
 will get complaints if their customers (esp. business customers) can't reach
 it, even on the weekend. Outage reports are operational, unlike many
 threads. More, please.
Not sure I'd agree with that one. If there was an actual networking issue
and you couldn't reach Google, I'd buy that it is at least in the right
ballpark of on-topic for nanog (though if past history is any guide, it
would just be 20 "me too" posts with no useful information about WHY it
was broken or how to go about fixing it). But if you can get the website
to load, and Google's servers just don't want to run that particular
application, I can't see how it possibly has any bearing to NANOG.

Layers people. :)
Eh, sort of:

http://adsense.blogspot.com/?utm_source=aso&utm_campaign=ww-en_US-et-asfe&medium=et

This is what happens when end-users/customers are intermingled
operationally.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574