Re: Tools for LARTing large nets of compromised boxen? (on/off listsummary)

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Thu Apr 20 17:56:43 2006

I received quite a few good responses, I've ended up using incident.pl and wormeter.pl from the list below (found at the same place).

Thanks again everyone.

IASON was pointed out but seems incomplete http://iason.site.voila.fr/ and http://sourceforge.net/projects/iason/

Another member pointed out that Cymru WHOIS server has a bulk mode input to turn IP lists into source ASNs. http://www.cymru.com/ and whois://whois.cymru.com/

incident.pl from http://www.viraj.org/ along with wormeter.pl from same is what I ended up using. I had to write a pattern to match, and remove other patterns to prevent accidental matches but this ended up doing what I wanted.

I got some other responses, some duplicates too. I've anonymized responses since I'm not sure if the off-list responders wish to be identified.