Re: Determine difference between 2 BGP feeds

  • From: Bill Nash
  • Date: Tue Apr 18 17:03:48 2006

Were I faced with this reporting equirement on an on-going basis, I'd suggest establishing a read-only BGP peer with both devices and comparing directly. I've got a perl BGP peering daemon that feeds and maintains a mirror of the BGP routing table into SQL, applying updates and withdrawals as they come in. Setting up something similar, and adding some additional metrics to keep entries unique by peer source would facilitate your end goal with simple SQL grouping mechanics.

- billn