Re: Common Carrier Question

  • From: david raistrick
  • Date: Fri Apr 14 11:59:52 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Derek J. Balling wrote:

From reading that, though, it looks like the ISP in question also has its own telephone product (after all, the quote in the article is that they are a "North Carolina service provider that calls itself the '17th largest phone company' in the US"

They do. I dealt with them as a customer once. (had a server hanging off one of their business dsl packages...the dsl was down for 4 weeks...)

They do phone service in a lot of the coastal areas from Brunswick, GA up into NC, mostly in the areas that bellsouth isn't in. They have a lot of different names, all part of the Madison River conglomerate. They have cable companies, ISPs, and telcos.

Warning if you ever have to deal with them: Level 1 tech support knows jack, and has no way to get ahold of Level 2, or anyone else. "All we can do is send an email through our ticket system..."

I wound up calling home phone numbers for various company officials leaving voicemail. And what do you know, less than 24 hours later the circuit was back up...

---
david raistrick http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
[email protected] http://www.expita.com/nomime.html