Re: Spam filtering bcps [was Re: Open Letter to D-Link abouttheir NTP vandalism]

  • From: Matthew Black
  • Date: Wed Apr 12 10:47:29 2006

Several people kindly contacted me off list with laborious
explanations of how to implement delayed 550 rejections using
sedmail, et al. We gave up sendmail years ago in favor of a
competing solution.

I haven't seen any succinct justification for providing a
550 message rejection for positively-identified spam versus
silently dropping the message. Lots of how-to instructions
but no whys.

matthew black
california state university, long beach