Re: IPv6 Transit?

  • From: Marco d'Itri
  • Date: Tue Apr 11 05:05:22 2006

On Apr 10, Mat Sharpe <[email protected]> wrote:

> We are multi-homed to both Level3 and Abovenet in the UK and Level3 only
> in the US.
> Level3 did have a promising sounding beta program last year but that
> seems to have stalled. Abovenet apparently have no schedule to deploy v6
> at the moment.
I have IPv6 transit from Level3 in Europe. It did not become native by
the end of 2005 as we were told, but even if it's still tunneled the
service is decent.
It's not top quality, but it's also *much* better than what I get from
Sprint which has just an handful of routers, *terrible* paths over high
latency tunnels and is still using 6bone addresses in their backbone.

The most noticeable issue is that Level3 peers with a very small number
of other IPv6 networks, but the paths are usually good.

--
ciao,
Marco