Re: IPv6 Transit?

  • From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ
  • Date: Mon Apr 10 12:15:25 2006

Hi Mat,

I'm not sure what providers are already present in your area, may be will be
easier if you mention some of the choices you have.

In general I will say that you can rely on companies such as Global
Crossing, Teleglobe, NTT/Verio, Tiscali, Sparkle/Seabone, TIWS, OpenTransit,
Cable&Wireless, etc. (they are not in any specific preference order, just as
they come to my mind right now).

But there are many more. I'm actually trying to have a web page with a
listing of all the IPv6-ready Telcos and ISPs in the world. Some information
is available at http://www.ipv6tf.org/guide/organizations/services/isp.php
and for IXs at http://www.ipv6tf.org/guide/organizations/services/ix.php,
but not updated at the time being.

The updated web page will be ready, hopefully, next week, and I will be
happy to get all the people which already provides IPv6 services, contacting
me with a URL to a page that describe the available services, so we can make
sure they are included in that web page.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation on that !

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Mat Sharpe <[email protected]>
> Responder a: <[email protected]>
> Fecha: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:25:09 +0100
> Para: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> Asunto: IPv6 Transit?
>

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any info on IPv6 deployment at the Tier-1 / Tier-1.5 level?
>
> We are multi-homed to both Level3 and Abovenet in the UK and Level3 only
> in the US.
> Level3 did have a promising sounding beta program last year but that
> seems to have stalled. Abovenet apparently have no schedule to deploy v6
> at the moment.
>
> I would like to be able to v6 enable our network but without a transit
> provider that�s going to prove a bit tricky.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated!
>
> Cheers,
> Mat Sharpe
> Qube Networks Ltd
>
> P.S. I hope I�m not about to re-start the who is/is not a Tier-1 /
> Tier-2 argument! :)

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at: