IPv6 Transit?

  • From: Mat Sharpe
  • Date: Mon Apr 10 11:26:23 2006

Hi,

Does anyone have any info on IPv6 deployment at the Tier-1 / Tier-1.5 level?

We are multi-homed to both Level3 and Abovenet in the UK and Level3 only
in the US.
Level3 did have a promising sounding beta program last year but that
seems to have stalled. Abovenet apparently have no schedule to deploy v6
at the moment.

I would like to be able to v6 enable our network but without a transit
provider that’s going to prove a bit tricky.

Any thoughts appreciated!

Cheers,
Mat Sharpe
Qube Networks Ltd

P.S. I hope I’m not about to re-start the who is/is not a Tier-1 /
Tier-2 argument! :)