RE: Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Fri Apr 07 18:34:56 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, David Hubbard wrote:

> How about serve back bogus NTP data to non-BIX customer
> prefixes?  Maybe if people's computers start setting
> themselves to the year 2004 D-Link will do something. :-)

Perhaps return back a time value that is ~10 seconds from wrapping around?
Where "wrapping" depends on the size of a time value in the device's OS.

(Note that if the devices crash because of bad input, I can hardly see that
as legally actionable, since the devices never had the permission to use the
data source in the first place.  ;)

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>