Re: Open Letter to D-Link about their NTP vandalism

  • From: Rubens Kuhl Jr.
  • Date: Fri Apr 07 17:36:57 2006

GPS.dix.dk service is described as:

DK Denmark GPS.dix.dk (192.38.7.240)
Location: Lyngby, Denmark
Geographic Coordinates: 55:47:03.36N, 12:03:21.48E
Synchronization: NTP V4 GPS with OCXO timebase
Service Area: Networks BGP-announced on the DIX
Access Policy: open access to servers, please, no client use
Contacts: Poul-Henning Kamp ([email protected])
Note: timestamps better than +/-5 usec.

I think he should use dns views to answer the queries to gps.dix.dk and either:
( a ) answer 127.0.0.1 to all queries from outside his service area
( b ) answer a D-Link IP address to all queries from outside his
service area (which could lead to getting their attention; dunno if
from their engineers or from their lawyers).

Rubens