Re: Network Solutions outage?

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Tue Apr 04 14:34:51 2006

Here is the scoop.

Dear Valued Partner,

This morning our collocation provider suffered a global outage from 7:56
a.m. to 10:02 a.m. (eastern) that impacted the Network Solutions systems.
The provider�s outage affected access to Network Solutions products and
services.  The provider has resolved the issues with their systems and
access to our services has been restored.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. Please
note, you may experience latency today as we continue to restore our
services to full capacity.  If you have any questions regarding this
message, please contact your Partner Support Representative or e-mail us
at
Elijah, thanks. We see 205.178.184.0/21 originated by 6245
and generally only advertised via 3561 pretty consistently.

The first withdrawals of 205.178.184.0/21 on 04/04/2006 were seen
around 12:00 UTC and from then until ~12:50 UTC the
prefix is announced sporadically then withdrawn everywhere.

Nothing is seen from them for about an hour and then everything
went back the way it was ~14:03UTC.

Just to be sure we weren't seeing any sort of root attack that
has been being talked about lately, I looked at F, I, and some
others and things looked in order.

Looks like 3561 could be writing the RFO.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574